Wednesday 14 March 2012

Golden Girl


Dear Daisy;



Tuff and Holly sent me a message to pass on to you, from the Rainbow Bridge.  They wanted me to let you know that they would be waiting for you, just on the other side, tonight, after you say good-bye to Mom and Dad.  So don’t worry, they have been there for a while now and will show you the way.

Tuff wants to share his favourite peanut butter treats with you, because you won’t be allergic any more. Holly is going to show you where the best swimming hole is and where the never-ending game of fetch is played because your breathing won’t be laboured and your legs won’t be weak; you will be able to swim and run for as long as you want. 
 

The time from puppyhood to old age passes all too quickly but I know you had the very best life any dog could want, because we have the same Mom and Dad. They loved you very much.    We will all miss you here, Miss Daisy, but now you can bark loud, run fast, play hard and eat plenty to pass the time until we all meet again. 

Your “Sister” Angela

14 comments:

  1. We're sorry that Daisy has to go to the Bridge. We'll ask Gizmo to meet her there. She'll be in good company.

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am terribly sorry for your loss. My parents adopted greyhound ex-racers, and I've developed a love for them, thus I started reading your blog. I didn't realize that you had someone as beautiful as Daisy in your life. I lost my Golden, Max, six months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heart-breaking, yet comforting all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry, what a sweet girl. It's so sad and hard to lose them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sorry to read this. Time just moves too fast sometimes. Wishing you comfort and peace during this difficult time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have some dogs waiting for Daisy too. They all have hearts of gold and will show her the way. So sad. A dog's life passes much too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry! It's hard to let them go, no matter what the circumstances. It also feels like the end of an era of your own life. We're sending lots of prayers and wishes for peace for your family.

    You asked how I do silhouette shots. Honestly, I played around a bit with the angles. When I found a sunset I liked, I stood her where I wanted her and tried shooting it from a couple of different angles. The important part is having the sun (or other light source) behind your subject, but still in view of the camera. At least, that's what's worked best for me. Greyhounds have such elegant lines, I always love how they look in those shots! I hope that helps some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry. You said it...the time goes much too fast. Thinking of you during this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry she must go, but sure, lots of dog friends are waiting for her.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry. There is never enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're really sad to hear about your loss. Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry for your loss. Run free Miss Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry. Sending prayers for comfort your way. My Dusty will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for her...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful, dignified old lady Daisy was. So sorry to read she had to go. I hope your wonderful memories are a comfort.

    ReplyDelete